COVID-19 Safe Protocols
Updated 6th July 2020
COVID-19 Travel Information
A new COVID Safe Health Management Plan has been implemented at Daydream Island Resort in line with the Queensland Government regulations. The changes associated with this management plan will be in place for the foreseeable future. The COVID Safe protocols will be constantly reviewed and may change without notice to keep in line with Queensland Government regulations.
As recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health we suggest downloading the COVIDSafe App prior to travel. Click here for more details.
We request that guests continue to observe government required social distancing, hygiene practices and travel restrictions. If you are feeling unwell or display any symptoms, please do not travel to Daydream Island and contact our reservations team to postpone your holiday.
Daydream Island has developed a COVID Safe Business Plan that complies with the COVID Safe standards enforced by the Queensland Government.
Guests visiting Daydream Island can be assured that;
- Daydream Island will address pre-screening, social distancing, enhanced hygiene and WHS requirements to protect staff and guests
- We have prepared and trained staff on infection control and newly adapted business procedures
- We have created cleaning policies, procedures and checklists tailored to our Resort environment
- We have developed a COVID Safe Business Plan and Risk Register
- COVID Clean has been tailored to the health directives enforced by the Queensland Government
Our Cleanliness Commitment
Daydream Island Resort prides itself on taking care of our guests, staff, and community. We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing, health and safety of our guests and team members. We will continue to deliver our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Resort along with additional preventative cleaning measures to minimise the risk of any transmission.
We have elevated our cleanliness processes throughout the Island, and we will be using hospital-grade disinfectants recommended and supplied by Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene technologies and service, with increased cleaning of public areas and our accommodation rooms. We will also be adjusting our food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene standards and enforcing social distancing measures.
We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment:
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal-use sanitizer/wipes for guests
- Visible sanitizer stations in all high traffic public areas and back of house spaces
- Reinforcement of personal hygiene, proper hand washing and use of hand sanitisers
- New operating procedures to integrate social distancing signage and signals
- Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out
- Encourage touchless transactions for all payments throughout the Resort
- Increased cleaning schedules with elevated sanitization of all common areas and high touch surfaces
- Implementation of various social distance guidelines within all public spaces
- Operational changes to food & beverage standards and service protocols
Our Travel Advisory Policy – COVID-19
As per the Queensland Government’s Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions, the following travel guidelines apply for Daydream Island:
• STAGE 2: Daydream Island Resort has re-opened from 1st July 2020 for all guests from Queensland only.
• STAGE 3: From July 10th 2020, any person from New South Wales, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, The Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory may enter Queensland subject to completing and signing a border declaration. The borders with Victoria will remain closed due to the current COVID-19 community transmission levels.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have booked accommodation at Daydream Island Resort for travel before July 10th and are not from Queensland, please contact us immediately so that we can assist you with rescheduling your dates as per the government guidelines.
We are currently accepting interstate bookings and have a NEW flexible cancellation policy across all bookings & packages this year to allow for any further changes to travel restrictions within Queensland.
QUEENSLAND BORDER DECLARATION
All visitors to Queensland must now complete a Border Declaration Pass as directed by the Queensland Government. A separate declaration pass is required for each individual, including children, and all travelers must be eligible to enter Queensland. The Queensland Border Declaration Pass is a print-at-home document and issued following the completion of an online form, Click here to access the form. Once your Queensland Border Declaration Pass is approved you will need to enter Queensland within 7 days otherwise you will need to apply for a new pass.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
To put your mind at ease for your future travel to Daydream Island we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new and existing bookings made directly through daydreamisland.com, email and our Reservations team on or before the 31st December 2020.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For all new and existing reservations booked on our Best Flexible Rates or any of our Packages up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st December 2020 either a full refund or a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled within that 7-day window, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- For reservations booked on our Pre-Paid or Non-Refundable Rates up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st December 2020 a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
Contact our reservations team on 1800 888 288 or firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with any questions you may have, to reschedule your booking, or provide a credit if you cannot travel.
Third Party Bookings
If bookings have been made via a third-party online website (eg Booking.com, Agoda.com, Expedia.com), travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions
Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events, or conferences), please review the group booking conditions and contact the group organizer for more information