COVID-19 Safe Plan
A new COVID Safe Health Management Plan has been implemented at Daydream Island Resort in line with the Queensland Government regulations. The changes associated with this management plan will be in place for the foreseeable future. The COVID Safe protocols will be constantly reviewed and may change without notice to keep in line with Queensland Government regulations.
As recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health we suggest downloading the COVIDSafe App prior to travel. Click here for more details.
We request that guests continue to observe government required social distancing, hygiene practices and travel restrictions. If you are feeling unwell or display any symptoms, please do not travel to Daydream Island and contact our reservations team to postpone your holiday.
Daydream Island has developed a COVID Safe Business Plan that complies with the COVID Safe standards enforced by the Queensland Government.
Guests visiting Daydream Island can be assured that;
- Daydream Island will address pre-screening, social distancing, enhanced hygiene and WHS requirements to protect staff and guests
- We have prepared and trained staff on infection control and newly adapted business procedures
- Cashless payment is preferred. We would prefer all guests to use contactless payment throughout the Island for all services.
- We have created cleaning policies, procedures and checklists tailored to our Resort environment
- We have developed a COVID Safe Business Plan and Risk Register
- COVID Clean has been tailored to the health directives enforced by the Queensland Government
Our Cleanliness Commitment
Daydream Island Resort prides itself on taking care of our guests, staff, and community. We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing, health and safety of our guests and team members. We will continue to deliver our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Resort along with additional preventative cleaning measures to minimise the risk of any transmission.
We have elevated our cleanliness processes throughout the Island, and we will be using hospital-grade disinfectants recommended and supplied by Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene technologies and service, with increased cleaning of public areas and our accommodation rooms. We will also be adjusting our food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene standards and enforcing social distancing measures.
We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment:
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal-use sanitizer/wipes for guests
- Visible sanitizer stations in all high traffic public areas and back of house spaces
- Reinforcement of personal hygiene, proper hand washing and use of hand sanitisers
- New operating procedures to integrate social distancing signage and signals
- Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out
- Encourage touchless transactions for all payments throughout the Resort
- Increased cleaning schedules with elevated sanitization of all common areas and high touch surfaces
- Implementation of various social distance guidelines within all public spaces
- Operational changes to food & beverage standards and service protocols
Our Travel Advisory Policy – COVID-19
Updated 30th November 2020, subject to change
CURRENT QUEENSLAND BORDER RESTRICTIONS
Queensland's COVID Safe Roadmap - Stage 6 Effective from 1am 1st December 2020
Queensland borders will be open to all states of Australia effective from 1am on 1st December 2020 and you will be allowed to travel freely to Queensland without a border declaration pass and without having to complete mandatory quarantine.
Anyone in mandatory government arranged quarantine - due to entering from New South Wales or Victoria - will be able to leave quarantine if they have a negative COVID-19 test, declare in writing they have not been in a South Australian hotspot in the last 14 days, and provide their contact details and Queensland address.
However, if you are travelling from an area declared a COVID-19 hotspot which includes the 20 local government areas of Adelaide region or from overseas you will not be permitted to enter into Queensland without a valid Queensland Border Declaration Pass before travelling. Entry into Queensland must be by air only and 14 days mandatory hotel quarantine is required.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have booked accommodation at Daydream Island Resort and you are impacted with the border restrictions and/or you are from the 20 local government areas of Adelaide or a declared COVID-19 hotspot or have tested positive to COVID-19 within 14 days of travel please contact us immediately so that we can assist you with rescheduling your accommodation.
We have a NEW flexible cancellation policy across all bookings & packages for stays on or before 31st March 2021 to allow for any further changes to travel restrictions implemented by Queensland Government. Please refer to our cancellation policies stated below.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
If you do reside in or have visited any declared COVID-19 hotspot and arrive at Daydream Island you will not be granted entry.
As part of our COVID Safe plan protocols, you will be asked to provide information about your previous travel and residential details through a pre-screening process prior to boarding the ferry transfer and/or during check-in at the Resort. If you are showing flu like symptoms and/or have traveled from a declared COVID hotspot you will be denied entry to Daydream Island and requested that you self isolate and to get checked by medical professionals at your own expense. Daydream Island will not be liable for any out of pocket expenses incurred.
If you have been tested and are self-isolating when you are due to arrive, or if you have tested COVID positive within 14 days before your arrival, please do not travel to Daydream Island. Please contact our Reservations team immediately so that we can assist you with rescheduling your accommodation.
We suggest you take out travel insurance before your travel anywhere, just in case you have to change or cancel plans.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Updated 27th November 2020, subject to change
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
To put your mind at ease for your future travel to Daydream Island we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new and existing bookings made directly through daydreamisland.com, email and our Reservations team on or before the 31st March 2021.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For all new and existing reservations booked on our Best Flexible Rates or any of our Packages up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st March 2021 either a full refund or a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled within that 7-day window, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- For reservations booked on our Pre-Paid or Non-Refundable Rates up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st March 2021 a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
Contact our reservations team on 1800 888 288 or email@example.com to assist with any questions you may have, to reschedule your booking, or provide a credit if you cannot travel.
Third Party Bookings
If bookings have been made via a third-party online website (eg Booking.com, Agoda.com, Expedia.com), travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions
Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events, or conferences), please review the group booking conditions and contact the group organizer for more information