COVID-19 Safe Plan
Daydream Island Resort remains committed tom operating in accordance with the public health orders of the Queensland and Australian Federal Government in response to COVID-19. A COVID Safe Health Management Plan is in operation at Daydream Island Resort which is in line with the current Queensland Government regulations. The COVID Safe protocols will be constantly reviewed and may change without notice to keep in line with Queensland Government regulations.
We request that guests continue to observe government required social distancing, hygiene practices and travel restrictions. If you are feeling unwell or display any symptoms, please do not travel to Daydream Island and contact our reservations team to postpone your holiday.
Guests visiting Daydream Island can be assured that;
- Daydream Island will address pre-screening, social distancing, enhanced hygiene and WHS requirements to protect staff and guests
- We have prepared and trained staff on infection control and newly adapted business procedures
- Cashless payment is preferred. We would prefer all guests to use contactless payment throughout the Island for all services.
- We have created cleaning policies, procedures and checklists tailored to our Resort environment
- We have implemented a COVID Safe Business Plan and Risk Register
- COVID Clean has been tailored to the health directives enforced by the Queensland Government
Our Cleanliness Commitment
Daydream Island Resort prides itself on taking care of our guests, staff, and community and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing, health and safety of our guests and team members. We will continue to deliver our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Resort along with additional preventative cleaning measures to minimise the risk of any transmission.
We have elevated our cleanliness processes throughout the Island, and we will be using hospital-grade disinfectants recommended and supplied by Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene technologies and service, with increased cleaning of public areas and our accommodation rooms. We will also be adjusting our food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene standards and enforcing social distancing measures.
We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment:
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal-use sanitizer/wipes for guests
- Visible sanitizer stations in all high traffic public areas and back of house spaces
- Reinforcement of personal hygiene, proper hand washing and use of hand sanitisers
- New operating procedures to integrate social distancing signage and signals
- Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out
- Encourage touchless transactions for all payments throughout the Resort
- Increased cleaning schedules with elevated sanitization of all common areas and high touch surfaces
- Implementation of various social distance guidelines within all public spaces
- Operational changes to food & beverage standards and service protocols
Our Travel Advisory Policy – COVID-19
Updated 25th February 2021, subject to change
QUEENSLAND BORDER UPDATE
Effective from 1am AEST 1st February 2021
Queensland borders are open to all states of Australia effective from 1am AEST on 1st February 2021 and you will be allowed to travel freely to Queensland without a border declaration pass and without having to complete mandatory quarantine.
Effective from 1am AEST 13th February 2021
Anyone coming to Queensland who has been anywhere in Victoria on or since 5th Februray 2021 will need to complete a Queensland Border Declaration Pass before travelling to Queensland. Effective from 1am AEST on 13th February 2021, the Queensland border is closed to Greater Melbourne local government areas and you will not be permitted to enter into Queensland for the next 14 days.
Effective from 1am AEST 27th February 2021
Queensland borders are open to Greater Melbourne effective from 1am AEST on 27th February 2021 with all travellers from Victoria being allowed to travel freely to Queensland without a border declaration pass and without having to complete mandatory quarantine.
If you are travelling from an area declared a COVID-19 hotspot or from overseas you will not be permitted to enter into Queensland without a valid Queensland Border Declaration Pass before travelling. Entry into Queensland must be by air only and 14 days mandatory hotel quarantine is required.
For the latest updates and further questions regarding border and travel restrictions please visit Queensland Government website here
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have booked accommodation at Daydream Island Resort and you are impacted with the border restrictions and/or you are a declared COVID-19 hotspot or have tested positive to COVID-19 within 14 days of travel please contact us immediately so that we can assist you with rescheduling your accommodation. We have a NEW flexible cancellation policy across all bookings & packages to allow for any further changes to COVID related travel and/or border restrictions implemented by Queensland Government. Please refer to our cancellation policies stated below.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
Please do not travel to Daydream Island if you meet any of the following criteria as if you do arrive at Daydream Island you will not be granted entry;
- If you have been in a Queensland Government declared COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter).
- If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Please follow all Queensland Heath guidelines and isolte yourself for 14 days from the date of the last contact with the confirmed case.
As part of our COVID Safe plan protocols, you will be asked to provide information about your previous travel and residential details through a pre-screening process prior to boarding the ferry transfer and/or during check-in at the Resort. If you are showing flu like symptoms and/or have traveled from a declared COVID hotspot you will be denied entry to Daydream Island and requested that you self isolate and to get checked by medical professionals at your own expense. Daydream Island will not be liable for any out of pocket expenses incurred. We suggest you take out travel insurance before your travel anywhere, just in case you have to change or cancel plans.
Should you have a booking at Daydream Island Resort and be affected by these regulations from the Queensland Government please contact our Reservations team on 1800 888 288 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MANDATORY FACE MASKS DIRECTION (Effective 12th January 2021)
As directed by Queensland Health, the wearing of masks is now mandatory in the following settings;
- All Queensland airports, inside and outside in Airport grounds, this includes all inside and outside areas of Hamilton Island Airport and Whitsunday Coast Airport precincts.
- On a domestic commerical flight while the plane is at a Queensland airport and in Queensland airspace.
- There are some exceptions to wearing a face mask, including:
- children under 12 years of age
- a person eating, drinking or taking medicine
- where visibility of the mouth is essential
- where a mask needs to be removed to clearly communicate
- a person with a particular medical condition or disability
- a person undergoing medical treatment
- if a person is asked to remove a face mask for identity purposes
- if wearing a mask creates a risk to a person’s health and safety
- for emergencies or when allowed by law
- in any circumstances when it’s not safe to wear a mask.
For more information in relation to the wearing of mandatory face masks please visit the Queensland Government website here
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
Updated 20th December 2020, subject to change
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
To put your mind at ease for your future travel to Daydream Island we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new and existing bookings made directly through daydreamisland.com, email and our Reservations team before the 30th June 2021.
The following cancellation policy applies to all bookings & packages booked and confirmed prior to 30th June 2021 which are impacted by any COVID-19 related travel and/or border restrictions implemented by the Queensland Government.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For all new and existing reservations booked on our Best Flexible Rates or any of our Packages up to 7 days prior to check-in your first night deposit will be retained as credit for a future booking or a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled within that 7-day window, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- For reservations booked on our Pre-Paid or Non-Refundable Rates up to 7 days prior to check-in a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
Contact our reservations team on 1800 888 288 or email@example.com to assist with any questions you may have, to reschedule your booking, or provide a credit if you cannot travel.
Third Party Bookings
If bookings have been made via a third-party online website (eg Booking.com, Agoda.com, Expedia.com), travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions
Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events, or conferences), please review the group booking conditions and contact the group organizer for more information