Updated 3rd June 2020
We are getting ready to welcome you back to Daydream Island
Daydream Island Resort will reopen from 1st July 2020, operating in accordance with the public health orders of the Queensland and Australian Federal Government in response to COVID-19.
Our Cleanliness Commitment
Daydream Island Resort prides itself on taking care of our guests, staff, and community. We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing, health and safety of our guests and team members. We will continue to deliver our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Resort along with additional preventative cleaning measures to minimise the risk of any transmission.
We have elevated our cleanliness processes throughout the Island, and we will be using hospital-grade disinfectants recommended and supplied by Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene technologies and service, with increased cleaning of public areas and our accommodation rooms. We will also be adjusting our food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene standards and enforcing social distancing measures.
We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment:
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal-use sanitizer/wipes for guests
- Visible sanitizer stations in all high traffic public areas and back of house spaces
- Reinforcement of personal hygiene, proper hand washing and use of hand sanitisers
- New operating procedures to integrate social distancing signage and signals
- Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out
- Encourage touchless transactions for all payments throughout the Resort
- Increased cleaning schedules with elevated sanitization of all common areas and high touch surfaces
- Implementation of various social distance guidelines within all public spaces
- Operational changes to food & beverage standards and service protocols
We are avid supporters of the COVID Safe app and encourage all our associates and guests to register for this app before visiting Daydream Island Resort.
Our Travel Advisory Policy – COVID-19
As per the Queensland Government’s Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions, the following travel guidelines apply for Daydream Island:
• STAGE 2: Daydream Island Resort re-opens on 1st July 2020 for all guests from Queensland only.
• STAGE 3: From July 10th, interstate travel might be permitted, subject to review and an official announcement from the Queensland Government.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have booked accommodation at Daydream Island Resort for travel before July 10th and are not from Queensland, please contact us immediately so that we can assist you with rescheduling your dates as per the government guidelines.
We are currently accepting interstate bookings and have a NEW flexible cancellation policy across all bookings & packages this year to allow for any further changes to travel restrictions within Queensland.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
To put your mind at ease for your future travel to Daydream Island we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new and existing bookings made directly through daydreamisland.com, email and our Reservations team on or before the 31st December 2020.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For all new and existing reservations booked on our Best Flexible Rates or any of our Packages up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st December 2020 either a full refund or a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled within that 7-day window, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- For reservations booked on our Pre-Paid or Non-Refundable Rates up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st December 2020 a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
Contact our reservations team on 1800 888 288 or [email protected] to assist with any questions you may have, to reschedule your booking, or provide a credit if you cannot travel.
Third Party Bookings
If bookings have been made via a third-party online website (eg Booking.com, Agoda.com, Expedia.com), travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions
Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events, or conferences), please review the group booking conditions and contact the group organizer for more information