COVID-19 Safe Protocols
COVID-19 Safe Plan
A new COVID Safe Health Management Plan has been implemented at Daydream Island Resort in line with the Queensland Government regulations. The changes associated with this management plan will be in place for the foreseeable future. The COVID Safe protocols will be constantly reviewed and may change without notice to keep in line with Queensland Government regulations.
As recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health we suggest downloading the COVIDSafe App prior to travel. Click here for more details.
We request that guests continue to observe government required social distancing, hygiene practices and travel restrictions. If you are feeling unwell or display any symptoms, please do not travel to Daydream Island and contact our reservations team to postpone your holiday.
Daydream Island has developed a COVID Safe Business Plan that complies with the COVID Safe standards enforced by the Queensland Government.
Guests visiting Daydream Island can be assured that;
- Daydream Island will address pre-screening, social distancing, enhanced hygiene and WHS requirements to protect staff and guests
- We have prepared and trained staff on infection control and newly adapted business procedures
- We have created cleaning policies, procedures and checklists tailored to our Resort environment
- We have developed a COVID Safe Business Plan and Risk Register
- COVID Clean has been tailored to the health directives enforced by the Queensland Government
Our Cleanliness Commitment
Daydream Island Resort prides itself on taking care of our guests, staff, and community. We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing, health and safety of our guests and team members. We will continue to deliver our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Resort along with additional preventative cleaning measures to minimise the risk of any transmission.
We have elevated our cleanliness processes throughout the Island, and we will be using hospital-grade disinfectants recommended and supplied by Ecolab, a global leader in hygiene technologies and service, with increased cleaning of public areas and our accommodation rooms. We will also be adjusting our food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene standards and enforcing social distancing measures.
We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment:
- Individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal-use sanitizer/wipes for guests
- Visible sanitizer stations in all high traffic public areas and back of house spaces
- Reinforcement of personal hygiene, proper hand washing and use of hand sanitisers
- New operating procedures to integrate social distancing signage and signals
- Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out
- Encourage touchless transactions for all payments throughout the Resort
- Increased cleaning schedules with elevated sanitization of all common areas and high touch surfaces
- Implementation of various social distance guidelines within all public spaces
- Operational changes to food & beverage standards and service protocols
Our Travel Advisory Policy – COVID-19
Updated 24th September 2020, subject to change
CURRENT QUEENSLAND BORDER RESTRICTIONS
Effective 24 September 2020 - Travellers from previous hotspots
Anyone may enter Queensland from a place that is no longer a declared COVID-19 hotspot. You can enter Queensland even if you have been in a previosuly declared COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days. The Australian Capital Territory is no longer considered a hotspot effective from 1am on 25th September 2020. Residents from the Australian Capital Territory are now permitted to enter via air travel only into Queensland for any purpose.
Effective from 1am 1 October 2020 - Border Zone
Following the reduced risk of COVID-19 transmission in the northern New South Wales area, the following changes have been made regarding the border zone;
- The New South Wales border zone will be extended.
- The Queensland border zone will no longer exist
- Residents from the northern NSW border zone area are now permitted to travel into Queensland for any purpose.
If you are travelling from an area declared a COVID-19 hotspot which includes all of Victoria, the 34 local government areas of Greater Sydney and areas outside the northern New South Wales border zone, you will not be allowed to enter into Queensland.
Approved entry into Queensland for all other travellers is subject to completing and signing a Queensland Border Declaration Pass and undertaking to present for a COVID-19 test if you develop symptoms.
Queensland Police will be meeting arrivals crossing over the Queensland borders along with Hamilton Island Airport and Whitsundays Coast Airport to check and verify border passes. Should you travel to Daydream Island from Victoria, the Greater Sydney area or a declared hotspot location you will not be granted entry.
Applications for the Queensland Border Declaration Pass can be completed at https://www.qld.gov.au/border-pass. In order to be eligible to enter Queensland, a separate pass is required for each individual travelling, including children.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have booked accommodation at Daydream Island Resort and you are impacted with the border restrictions and/or you are from Victoria, outside the northern New South Wales border zone or a declared COVID-19 hotspot or have tested positive to COVID-19 or are in self-isolation within 14 days of travel please contact us immediately so that we can assist you with rescheduling your accommodation.
We are currently accepting interstate bookings and have a NEW flexible cancellation policy across all bookings & packages for stays on or before 31st December 2020 to allow for any further changes to travel restrictions implemented by Queensland Government. Please refer to our cancellation policies stated below.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
If you reside in, or have visited a declared COVID-19 hotspot during the past 14 days, including Victoria, Greater Sydney and effective from 1am on Saturday 8th August all of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory, you are not permitted to enter into Queensland. If you do reside in any of these declared hotspots and arrive at Daydream Island you will not be granted entry.
As part of our COVID Safe plan protocols, you will be asked to provide information about your previous travel and residential details through a pre-screening process prior to boarding the ferry transfer and/or during check-in at the Resort. If you are showing flu like symptoms and/or have traveled from a declared COVID hotspot you will be denied entry to Daydream Island and requested that you self isolate and to get checked by medical professionals at your own expense. Daydream Island will not be liable for any out of pocket expenses incurred.
If you have been tested and are self-isolating when you are due to arrive, or if you have tested COVID positive within 14 days before your arrival, please do not travel to Daydream Island. Please contact our Reservations team immediately so that we can assist you with rescheduling your accommodation.
We suggest you take out travel insurance before your travel anywhere, just in case you have to change or cancel plans.
QUEENSLAND BORDER DECLARATION
All visitors to Queensland must now complete a Border Declaration Pass as directed by the Queensland Government. A separate declaration pass is required for each individual, including children, and all travelers must be eligible to enter Queensland. The Queensland Border Declaration Pass is a print-at-home document and issued following the completion of an online form, Click here to access the form. Once your Queensland Border Declaration Pass is approved you will need to enter Queensland within 7 days otherwise you will need to apply for a new pass.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
To put your mind at ease for your future travel to Daydream Island we are offering extra flexibility and support for all new and existing bookings made directly through daydreamisland.com, email and our Reservations team on or before the 31st December 2020.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For all new and existing reservations booked on our Best Flexible Rates or any of our Packages up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st December 2020 either a full refund or a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled within that 7-day window, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- For reservations booked on our Pre-Paid or Non-Refundable Rates up to 7 days prior to check-in for stays on or before 31st December 2020 a free change of date for travel within the next 12 months will be provided. Whilst no booking fees will apply, date changes will be subject to availability and any difference in rate. Should the reservation be cancelled, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
Contact our reservations team on 1800 888 288 or email@example.com to assist with any questions you may have, to reschedule your booking, or provide a credit if you cannot travel.
Third Party Bookings
If bookings have been made via a third-party online website (eg Booking.com, Agoda.com, Expedia.com), travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions
Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events, or conferences), please review the group booking conditions and contact the group organizer for more information