COVID-19 Safe Plan
Updated on 10th December 2021
Daydream Island Resort and Living Reef remains committed to operating in accordance with the public health orders of the Queensland and Australian Federal Government in response to COVID-19. The COVID Safe protocols will be constantly reviewed and may change without prior notice to keep in line with Queensland Government regulations.
With recent announcement of Queensland border reopening on 17th December 2021, a number of restrictions will be implemented for unvaccinated people over 16 years of age including non-essential leisure activities which impact hospitality venues and holiday experiences.
In accordance with these restrictions, as of 17th December 2021, Daydream Island Resort and Living Reef will require all guests over 16 years of age to be double vaccinated with a valid proof of vaccination in order to enjoy all the island facilities.
Daydream Island Resort and Living Reef reserves the right to deny access to guests who chooses to travel within a mandated self-quarantine period or do not provide a valid proof of vaccination. If you are not vaccinated, please be informed that you will have a restricted access to island facilities, which will impact your Daydream Island experience. In accordance with the health directive only fully vaccinated guests can visit our restaurants and bars.
Keeping everyone safe including our guests, employees and the Queensland community is our priority at Daydream Island Resort and Living Reef. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation. As the information is being frequently updated, please check Queensland Government’s Health website and Australian Government Department of Health for up-to-date information.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
The below policies apply to bookings made from the 1st of December 2021. For all bookings made prior to the 1st of December 2021, please refer to your confirmation for the applicable terms and conditions.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- A first-night deposit is required at the time of booking
- The final balance is required 7 days prior to arrival
- The first-night deposit is refundable up until 14 days prior to arrival
- Cancellations received within 14-8 days of arrival will forfeit the first-night deposit as a cancellation fee
- Cancellations or amendments received within 7 days of arrival will forfeit 100% of payments made
- No shows or early departures will forfeit 100% of payments made
Non-Refundable Cancellation Policy
- Full prepayment is required at the time of booking
- No refunds or amendments permitted
- In the event of a cancellation or no show, 100% of payment will be forfeited
The following terms and conditions apply to direct bookings & packages booked and confirmed prior to 31st December 2021 which are impacted by any COVID-19 related travel and/or border restrictions implemented by the Queensland Government.
- For all new and existing bookings booked directly with Daydream Island Resort, 100% of payments received will be retained as a 12 month credit for a future booking.
Contact our reservations team on 1800 888 288 or firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with any questions you may have, reschedule your booking, or provide credit if you cannot travel.
If bookings have been made via a third-party online website (eg Booking.com, Agoda.com, Expedia.com), travel agent or tour operator, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions
Please note that our cancellation policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. For guests with Group reservations (e.g., for meetings, events, or conferences), please review the group booking conditions and contact the group organizer for more information
General Booking Information
- Standard check-in time is 2:00pm but times may vary.
- If you wish to guarantee your ability to check-in prior to 2:00pm you must book an additional night’s stay for the night immediately preceding your stay and pay the applicable rate for that additional night.
Standard check-out time is 10:00am but times may vary from time to time and you should confirm the check-out time with us prior to your scheduled check-out day.
- If you wish to check-out later than the standard check-out time you must obtain approval from us at least 12 hours prior to your scheduled check-out time or book an additional night’s stay for your current room or suite for the date you are scheduled to check-out. Late check-out or an additional night’s stay is subject to room/suite availability, and is not guaranteed.
- We may approve a request for late check-out in our absolute discretion.
- If you check-out after 10:00am the following additional charges may be applied to your account and will be payable by you on check-out:
- a surcharge as advised on arrival or during your stay, based on booking and room/suite type, for every hour after 10:00am that you fail to check-out will be payable; or
- if you check-out after 3pm a charge equivalent to the full daily rate which applies to your booking.
Security deposits for bookings
- You must provide a credit card authorisation or imprint when you check in.
- This authorisation may be used to cover incidental items including but not limited to telephone charges, security bond or deposit for any breakages or damage incurred during your stay, or cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning.
- The pre-authorisation process validates your credit card for $300 per night and protects both the cardholder and merchant from increasing fraud incidents.
- The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the card issuer for a period of up to 14 days from the date of pre-authorisation and the pre-authorisation will affect your available fund's balance or spending limit. For more information on this practice please contact your card issuer.
- Once a pre-authorisation has been made, we cannot release, remove or lower the authorised amount until we process the final account on departure. This is a restriction imposed by the card issuer, and cannot be negotiated.
- Where a credit card is not available a minimum $300 per night cash deposit will be required on check-in.