Assistant Reservations Manager (Sydney - Chatswood )
Daydream Island Resort is seeking an Assistant Reservations Manager to join our team based in the Sydney office, located in Chatswood.
Reporting to the Reservations Manager, the Assistant Reservations Manager is a role responsible for monitoring and supervising the Reservations Department to ensure that all guest reservations are processed accurately and efficiently whilst observing policies and procedures for Daydream Island Resort.
Selected Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process, input and ensure FIT reservations are accurate with relevant detail.
- Handle all group bookings efficiently by assisting potential groups with their initial enquiries, providing accurate information on booking policies and procedures with a focus on sales conversions and accurately processing bookings with a high attention to detail.
- Ensure that all departmental training is carried out in a timely manner to maintain reservations service and operating standards, including new employee orientation and job skills training and training for staff engaged in cross training programs.
- Assist the Reservations Manager to develop and maintain reservation training needs analysis to ensure development within the team.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that all enquiries and complaints where required are addressed promptly and in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist the Revenue Manager to encourage the reservations team to have a positive selling approach to maximise yield in both occupancy and rates.
- Monitor staffing requirements in line with business needs including reviewing call demands; completing and distributing rosters; and managing any leave requests (with approval from Revenue Manager where required).
- Monitor Reservations team to ensure all team members follow property procedures with respect to grooming, performance and conduct standards, occupational health and safety, emergency procedures and all other property policies and procedures as detailed in the employee handbook / department procedure manual.
- Assist the Reservations Manager to conduct monthly Reservations meetings.
The success candidate needs to have the following skills experience and skills:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task as well as work under pressure
- Ability to motivate and mentor junior staff members
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Previous hotel Reservations experience within a 4 or 5 star hotel/resort
- Previous experience with Opera PMS is essential
- You love working within a small team office environment
- Have a passion for hotels and delivering exceptional customer service.
- A quick thinker with excellent communications and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active, organised and has an innovative approach to achieving results
- A consistent positive, professional, and friendly attitude
Reservations Agent (Sydney - Chatswood )
As a Reservations Sales Agent you will:
- Manage incoming bookings and enquiries for accommodation via phone and email
- Provide detailed information about Daydream Island and the resort offerings
- Maintain a positive selling approach to maximise revenue and reach team sales targets
- Action administrative tasks and reports on a daily basis as directed by the Reservations Manager
- Assist the Sales & Marketing team with additional tasks when required
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills via phone and email
- Have previous experience in reception/reservations/sales roles
- Be enthusiastic and enjoy working within a team
- Be organised and manage time and work efficiently
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Experience using Opera PMS (desirable)
- Available to work 7 day roster (office hours)
- Have full working rights within Australia
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to work for a resort island based in a sales office in Sydney.
- Exposure to Revenue, Sales and Marketing with potential for growth for the right candidate.
- Work within an energetic, fun and customer focused team.