Guests with private water craft of any kind can not enter Daydream Island via Lovers Cove or any other location on the Island. Access to the Island is not permitted via the public mooring at Lovers/Sunlovers Cove. Entry to the Island is only permitted via the Island's Marina.
Bookings are required prior to arrival. All passengers on board the vessel must have either a resort accommodation booking at Daydream Island Resort or utlising a Day Visitor Pass to the Island. Under no circumstances are guests permitted to stay overnight on board the berthed vessel.
Please complete the Mooring and Berthing online booking form below to request a berth in Daydream Island Marina for the day or overnight. Requests are only accepted when you receive a berthing confirmation from our team. This is generally provided within 24 hours depending on space and availability.
There are currently 4 mooring bouys located in the waters on the Eastern side of the Breakwater. These moorings can only accommodate vessels that are 38 feet (11.5 metres) in length. All Mooring vessels must have their own tender. All tender vessels are to be tied onto the small finger pontoon, not the Berth pontoon.
There are 9 berths available located in the Marina which offer the following requirements;
- Berth #1 = Vessel 12 metres and under
- Berths #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 = Vessels 16 metres and under
- Berth #7 = Vessel 17 metres and under
- Berths #8, #9 = Vessels 21 metres and under
Please note that all Berthings have water supply but no power access.
MOORING AND BERTHING PRICING
- $25.00 per hour (for a maximum of 4 hours)
- Full-Day - $125.00 (8 hours minimum to overnight)
Things to be aware of when making a booking;
Casual Mooring & Berthing
- For overnight berths check-in is 11:00am onwards on the arrival date and check-out prior to 11:00am on the departure date.
- Early check-in or late checkout is subject to availability and additional hourly charges apply.
- Casual morning & berthing is also available on an hourly rate depending on the size of your vessel. Please contact the Marina office at least 30 minutes prior to your arrival to make arrangements.
Mooring & Berthing Fees
- All mooring and berthing fees are required to be paid in advance. Casual mooring and berthing fees will be collected by the Front Office Reception on registration. All visitors need to complete the berthing agreement and pay the required fees.
- Daydream Island Resort accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express (credit card surcharges apply) or EFTPOS (no charges apply)
- All vessels moored outside Daydream Island or berthed within the Marina must have current public liability insurance against liability for any loss or damage to the property and for death or injury to any person caused by, through or in connection with the vessel for an insured amount of at least AUD $10,000,000 and comprehensive insurance to the replacement value of the vessel which includes full salvage costs and environmental clean-up with an insurer approved by the Security Manager. A copy of that insurance policy and annual renewal of that policy must be provided to the Marina office upon request.
- Vessels using 32 Amp and higher are charged accordingly
Mobile and Radar Safety
- Mobile phone boosters and Radar must be turned off prior to entering the Marina
- No Pets are permitted in the Marina or on the Island
- COVID-19 Safe regulations apply on the Island. Please visit here for more details
Day Visitor Pass
- Day Visitor Passes can be purchased at the Marina and Transit Lounge entry only once you have registered for the Queensland Government COVID-19 traceability requirements and paid any applicable Mooring fees if utlising the Marina for the day access. For more information regarding our Day Visitor Pass and what is included please visit here
Day Visitor Pass Prices:
- Adult - $38
- Child (3 - 12 years) - $19
- Infant (0 - 2 years) - Free