Daydream Island Marina Berthing
Guests with private water craft of any kind can not enter Daydream Island via Lovers Cove or any other location on the Island. Access to the Island is not permitted via the public mooring at Lovers/Sunlovers Cove. Entry to the Island is only permitted via the Island's Marina.
Bookings are required prior to arrival. All passengers on board the vessel must have either a resort accommodation booking at Daydream Island Resort or utlising a Day Visitor Pass to the Island. Under no circumstances are guests permitted to stay overnight on board the berthed vessel.
Please download and complete the Mooring and Berthing booking form here to request a berth in Daydream Island Marina for the day or overnight. Requests are only accepted when you receive a berthing confirmation from our Reservations team. This is generally provided within 24 hours depending on space and availability.
There are currently 4 mooring bouys located in the waters on the Eastern side of the Breakwater. These moorings can only accommodate vessels that are 38 feet (11.5 metres) in length. All Mooring vessels must have their own tender. All tender vessels are to be tied onto the small finger pontoon, not the Berth pontoon.
There are 9 berths available located in the Marina which offer the following requirements;
- Berth #1 = Vessel 12 metres and under
- Berths #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 = Vessels 16 metres and under
- Berth #7 = Vessel 17 metres and under
- Berths #8, #9 = Vessels 21 metres and under
Please note that all Berthings have water supply but no power access.
The following costs apply for Mooring or Berthing at Daydream Island;
- $25.00 per hour (for a maximum of 4 hours)
- Full Day - $125.00 (Maximum of 8 hours)
Things to be aware of when making a booking;
Casual Mooring & Berthing
- For overnight berths check-in is 11:00am onwards on the arrival date and check-out prior to 11:00am on the departure date.
- Early check-in or late-checkout is subject to availablity and additional hourly charges apply.
- Casual morring & berthing is also available on an hourly rate depending on the size of your vessel. Please contact the Marina office at least 30 minutes prior to your arrival to make arrangements.
Mooring & Berthing Fees
- All mooring and berthing fees are required to be paid in advance. Casual mooring and berthing fees will be collected by the Front Office Reception on registration. All visitors need to complete the berthing agreement and pay the required fees.
- Daydream Island Resort accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express (credit card surcharges apply) or EFTPOS (no charges apply)
- All vessels moored outside Daydream Island or berthed within the Marina must have current public liability insurance against liability for any loss or damage to the property and for death or injury to any person caused by, through or in connection with the vessel for an insured amount of at least AUD $10,000,000 and comprehensive insurance to the replacement value of the vessel which includes full salvage costs and environmental clean-up with an insurer approved by the Security Manager. A copy of that insurance policy and annual renewal of that policy must be provided to the Marina office upon request.
Jet Ski Berthing
- Jet Ski fees applicable
- Vessels using 32 Amp and higher are charged accordingly
Mobile and Radar Safety
- Mobile phone boosters and Radar must be turned off prior to entering the Marina
- No Pets are permitted in the Marina or on the Island
- COVID-19 Safe regulations apply on the Island. Please visit here for more details
Day Visitor Pass
- Day Visitor Passes can be purchased at the Marina and Transit Lounge entry only once you have registered for the Queensland Government COVID-19 traceability requirements and paid any applicable Mooring fees if utlising the Marina for the day access. For more information regarding our Day Visitor Pass and what is included please visit here
Day Visitor Pass Prices:
- Adult - $38
- Child (3 - 12 years) - $19
- Infant (0 - 2 years) - Free
DOWNLOAD our Mooring Booking Form
Please contact Daydream Island Marina on VHF Channel 12 or by phone on 07 4967 6301 during office hours, 08:00am to 05:00pm.
As part of our COVID Safe Plan cashless payment is preferred. We would prefer all guests to use contactless payment throughout the Island for all services.
Rules and Safety Regulations
- The Daydream Island Marina is part of Daydream Island Resort and assigned berthing location is as per the resort directive.
- Entry into the marina by any means constitutes acceptance of the rules & regulations.
- Entry into the marina and / or other areas of the resort is at the risk of the owners, their vessels, guests and contractors. The marina is not responsible and accepts no liability for any damage or loss to such persons and/ or their property in any circumstance.
- Users shall comply with all reasonable requests from the marina and / or resort staff, which relate to the safe and efficient running of the marina.
- All crew, captains and guests should wear appropriate resort attire and be presentable at all times.
- No chemical or sea toilet shall be discharged on or into the marina.
- Owners will ensure that no nuisance is caused by noisy, noxious or objectionable engines, or other apparatus or machinery. Music level must be turned off.
- Tenders, equipment and supplies must be stored on vessels and not left on pontoons, jetties, marina areas or other areas of the resort.
- No dangerous, flammable, poisonous or noxious substances or refuse shall be discharged on or into the marina.
- The marina shall have the right but not the obligation to moor, re-berth, board to carry out work on a vessel in the event of fire or another emergency.
- Owners on the visiting pontoon must ensure the safety of their craft at all times.
- Vessels must be in seaworthy and smart conditions.
- Vessels moving within the marina shall not proceed at the speed or in a manner which may endanger or cause nuisance to other users or vessels.
- Owners shall ensure that no person will work at the marina on their vessels for maintenance or other work which cause a nuisance or annoyance to others, or damage to any vessel or marina infrastructure.
- The resort, its employees shall have no liability in respect of any loss or damage to any vessel or its contents as a result of such action, even in the event of negligence on their part. The owners shall hold harmless and indemnify the resort, its employees in respect of any loss incurred.
- The marina reserves the right to change rules /regulations and prices without prior notice at any time.