Gearing up for winter holidays QLD? If you plan it right, then the winter family holidays in Queensland may turn out to be really exciting and fun for the whole family by all means! Venture out with your family in tow and experience a magical winter filled with adventure, exploration and learning alike.
Here are some winter break ideas for families that you can take a closer look at:
- Boodjamulla National Park, Savannah Way- Affectionately known as Queensland’s best-kept secret, the Boodjamulla National Park is a stunning natural marvel in Outback Queensland, teeming with wildlife and unique experiences. It is known as Lawn Hill and comes with an emerald green river, sandstone cliffs and activities like camping, hiking and kayaking, among others.
- Great Barrier Reef- Going diving or snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef is truly the best way to experience classic Australia. Comprising of 900 islands and a whopping 2 900 individual reefs, this is the Earth’s biggest living structure. It is one of Queensland’s biggest draws for visitors.
- Undara Lava Tubes, Savannah Way- Outback Queensland has another interesting marvel in Undara, which houses 164 volcanoes, vents and cones. This attraction will hook the entire family, including your children.
- Daydream Island, Whitsundays- The beautiful Whitsundays promise unlimited relaxation and natural beauty for the whole family, complete with a mélange of fun activities for everyone if you are in Daydream Island. The name itself is ideal, with tons of exploration and activities along with relaxing getaways.
- Burleigh Heads National Park, Gold Coast- One of the top attractions on the Gold Coast is this lovely Burleigh Heads National Park. Families will love watching sunrise here along with the surfers in the early mornings. You can take the pristine walk to Tallebudgera Creek.
- Waterfall Way, Atherton- You can drive for roughly one hour south-eastwards from Cairns to reach the Atherton Tablelands zone. You can enjoy mountain biking, hot air ballooning and coffee tasting here, among other fascinating activities. The cherry on the cake is the 15 kilometre Waterfall Way Circuit that you will be driving through!
- Airlie Beach- A fun and charming town, Airlie Beach is a nice gateway for the Whitsunday Islands. There are numerous restaurants, cafes and bars while children will love playing at the man-made lagoon.
- Lady Musgrave Island, Great Barrier Reef- Lady Musgrave Island is a thrilling boat ride from the town. It is a stunning coral cay and the second island in the entire network of islands upon the Great Barrier Reef, after Lady Elliot Island. Camping here is a family experience that builds character, while snorkelling in the nearby lagoon is a fun activity too.
- Skyrail Rainforest till Kuranda- Kuranda town is a popular destination for tourists near Cairns. The Skyrail Rainforest Cableway lets you glide for roughly 7.5 kilometres over a beautiful rainforest with stunning coastal views for company.
Ø Movieworld, Gold Coast- Children will particularly enjoy this attraction, meeting their favourite Bugs Bunny, Tweety, Sylvester and Austin Powers, amongst other characters. Movie buffs will love this more, including both adults and kids and there are numerous adventurous rides available too.
These 10 must-do attractions will certainly add a special touch to your winter break with family in Queensland.