An island vacation is more than just the sun, sand, and surf! It is also about gorging on tantalising island food and local delicacies. Daydream Island is no exception, offering impeccably crafted and delicious Queensland food for visitors amidst the picturesque backdrop of the Whitsundays.
Daydream Island is also where you will find the acclaimed Daydream Island Resort, known for its Living Reef which homes more than 100 species of marine life and over 80 species of coral and other sea life. Built keeping in mind the spectacular views, Daydream Island Resort offers several exciting amenities such as multiple cuisine restaurants, pools and several nearby attractions. It is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef for tourists while also offering varied adventure activities and educational experiences.
When at the Daydream Island Resort, get a taste of some authentic Australian food offered across three main restaurants. They include the Inkstone Kitchen & Bar, a contemporary Australian dine den that offers fabulous seafood and steaks galore.
Graze is a modern and interactive restaurant, which offers live cooking stations, global cuisines made using fresh produce. Graze lies near the Atrium and central lobby, overlooking the beautiful Living Reef artificial lagoon. You get to sample local produce with a diverse line-up of international dishes here.
Infinity is the premium Asian inspired dining joint that offers shimmering views of Whitsundays Island and comes with its own private Teppanyaki Suite for company. Inkstone Kitchen & Bar offers a contemporary European and Australian a la carte menu, looking onto the pool giving a stunning location on the beachfront.
While sampling the must-try food on islands, you can choose from the diverse menu at these restaurants. Here are the top five items (it is hard to choose) that you must try.
- Seafood Platters - Island vacations are incomplete without delicious seafood platters. Experience everything from barramundi to calamari, prawns and plenty more! Chips, tomato and tartare sauce round off proceedings here at the Infinity Restaurant.
- Oysters - A must-try food item on islands, and you can feast on them at the Inkstone Kitchen & Bar. Try chilled oysters in versions such as Bloody Mary, pickled ginger or natural flavours. Hot oysters come with options like Kilpatrick, Nori butter and tomato.
- Wood-fired oven pizzas - There is nothing like sampling delicious wood-fired oven pizzas while looking onto gorgeous sunsets. At Inkstone Kitchen & Bar, you can try a diverse line-up of pizzas such as Crudo, Mediterranean, Queenslander, Garlic Prawn, Moroccan Lamb, Chicken Tandoori and many more.
- Scintillating breakfasts - This category deserves a special mention, especially at Graze. The breakfast line-up encompasses everything from charcuterie, pastries and muffins to dumplings, live egg stations, fruit platters and a whole lot more. The breakfasts at Daydream Island Resort are worth mentioning for their sheer variety and riot of flavours!
- Thai delights - Infinity offers fabulous Thai fare, including Sand Crab Pad Thai, Thai Red Curry, and a lot more! Feast on accompanying treats like Karaage Chicken as well!
Try these delightful options during your vacation at Daydream Island Resort. Bring out your inner culinary adventurer and enjoy the best of Queensland island resorts, coupled with complete global favourites for company!