10 things to do
There are several things to do when bored for teens while holidaying with family and close ones. And if the destination is as picturesque and action-packed as Daydream Island, then the sky is the limit! Boasting a wide range of outdoor activities for teens, Daydream Island Resort offers adventurous, memorable and enchanting holidays.
The Daydream Island Resort & Living Reef is strategically nestled in the heart of the Whitsundays Islands in Queensland while being the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, a World Heritage-listed global tourism destination. The island resort offers pristine and luxurious Daydream Island accommodation options, including contemporary rooms and suites overlooking the ocean, garden or pool. The resort is also known for its plethora of food and beverage offerings, inclusive of its restaurants and bars, along with a mind-boggling array of cuisines. Yet that‘s not all! The Living Reef is the key attraction of the island, wrapping 200 meters around the central building as a beautiful coral lagoon and containing more than 1.5 million litres of water. It houses a whopping 100 species of marine fish, 80 species of coral and invertebrates like sea cucumbers, starfish and crabs alike. There is a beautiful pool landscape covering the wonderful tropical gardens, enabling guests to enjoy fabulous views and swim to their heart’s content!
However, that does not mean that there is a paucity of things to do when bored teens finally get together! Rather, there are numerous game-changing things teenagers can do at Daydream Island Resort, including enjoying the chance to get up close and personal with the wonders of Nature. Here are some of the top Daydream Island activities for teenagers-
- Living Reef Exploration Center- This is a unique classroom that teenagers will enjoy, particularly since it lacks a blackboard! Rather, this centre overlooks the main lagoon of the Living Reef and offers a theatre, eye-catching exhibits and a touch tank.
- Underwater Observatory- Teenagers will enjoy the chance to look out through the massive acrylic window into the living reef system, complete with living coral, fish, lobsters and other marine creatures following their daily routines!
- Guided Fish Feeding- Teens will naturally enjoy a bit of adventure and excitement. How about feeding tasty snacks to a stingray? Or find out about the delights enjoyed by tropical fish? How about feeding a sea star? Our guided fish feeding in Whitsunday program is about all this and more!
- Guided Aquarium Tours- Teens will love the opportunity to literally make a splash, joining the adorable baby stingrays in the Living Reef, complete with a guided tour and invigorating talks.
- Great Barrier Reef Exploration- Teenagers should not miss an opportunity to join resident marine biologists to venture through restricted zones of the lagoon, taking an inside look at the Great Barrier Reef!
- Guided Snorkeling Tour- How about joining one of our expert marine biologists for a guided snorkelling tour of the Living Reef? Witness reef sharks, fish and rays up close! Now, how thrilling is that?
- Jet skiing- If it is the adrenaline that a teenager is looking for, they can indulge these fantasies with a memorable jet ski ride all around Daydream Island.
- Helicopter Tours- We have provisions for stunning helicopter tours covering the Island and its neighbours. Get on board for this fabulous experience!
- Outdoor cinema- Feeling bored? Simply venture to our outdoor cinema for a magical experience of watching refreshing flicks amidst the beauties of Nature.
- Multi-Facility Tours- Want to truly explore the Whitsundays and Great Barrier Reef? We offer land, air and sea tours, depending upon your preferences. Nothing gets bigger and better than this!
And if you’re still short of things to do, there are rainforest walks, coral beaches, a lovely pool landscape, gym facilities, non-motorised water activities and the best restaurants to keep you engaged at Daydream Island Resort. In fact, you can even try things like ocean rafting or even golfing amidst a tranquil ambience. Looking for some self-pampering? Try the Daydream Spa, which is nestled in a breathtaking location amidst the Whitsundays. After all, sometimes even hyperactive teenagers need their relaxation mantra!